Synonyms of on the strength of something
on the strength of something
▷ See strength
• He was elected on the strength of his charisma.
• He failed because of a lack of money.
• Jobs could be lost due to political changes.
on the basis of
• Our conclusions were drawn on the basis of these medical reports.
by virtue of
• Mr Olaechea has British residency by virtue of his marriage.
on account of
• He declined to give the speech on account of a sore throat.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Thesaurus for on the strength of something from the Collins English Thesaurus