Synonyms of opt out
▷ See opt
• You may opt out of the scheme at any time.
• The African National Congress threatened to withdraw from the talks.
• He went to university, but dropped out after a year.
• I've already promised I'll go - I can't back out now.
• On 20 August 1960 Senegal seceded.
cop out (slang)
• He pleaded guilty to absenting himself without leave.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
stay awaywithdrawdepartkeep awaytruantabscondplay truantslope off (informal)bunk off (slang)remove yourself
withdrawretiregive uppull outretreatdrop outrenegecop out (slang)chicken out (informal)detach yourself
Thesaurus for opt out from the Collins English Thesaurus