Synonyms of period
• a period of a few months
• For a long time I didn't tell anyone.
• a 12-month term of service
• birds arriving for the breeding season
• They've come a long way in a short space of time.
• Their run of luck is holding.
• He would study for eight- to ten-hour stretches.
• There has been a spell of dry weather.
• The crisis is entering a crucial phase.
patch (British, informal)
• His marriage is going through a rough patch.
• There was a long interval of silence.
• The batteries had a life span of six hours.
• the Victorian period
• the age of steam and steel
• Within a generation, flight has become popular with many travellers.
• The design has remained unchanged since the time of the pharaohs.
• the final stage of the tour
• An inquest will be held at a later date.
• a custom pre-dating the Christian era
• the beginning of a major epoch in world history
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Thesaurus for period from the Collins English Thesaurus