Synonyms of pin something down
pin something down
▷ See pin
• It has taken until now to pin down its exact location.
• Having identified the problem, we now need to overcome it.
• We've simply been unable to locate him.
• The Scots have yet to name their team.
• He has not specified what action he would like them to take.
• We need to designate someone as our spokesperson.
• trying to pinpoint his precise location
home in on
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
• All are bound by the same strict etiquette.
restrictlimithandicapconfinedetainrestrainhamperinhibithinderimpedehem inkeep within bounds or limits
constrainTo constrain someone or something means to limit their development or force them to behave in a particular way.
• Women are too often constrained by family commitments.
Thesaurus for pin something down from the Collins English Thesaurus