Synonyms of poetic
• Heidegger's interest in the poetic, evocative uses of language
• symbolic representations of landscape
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
lyricLyric poetry is written in a simple and direct style, and usually expresses personal emotions such as love.
• His splendid short stories and lyric poetry.
lyricalSomething that is lyrical is poetic and romantic.
• His paintings became more lyrical.
rhythmicA rhythmic movement or sound is repeated at regular intervals, forming a regular pattern or beat.
• the rhythmical beat of the drum
Thesaurus for poetic from the Collins English Thesaurus