Synonyms of restrict
• a move to restrict the number of students on campus at any one time
• He limited payments on the country's foreign debt.
• He's fixed a time when I can see him.
• He must learn to curb that temper of his.
• Staples such as bread, rice and tea are already being rationed.
keep within bounds or limits
• The shoulder straps restrict movement.
• I was hampered by a lack of information.
• Fallen rocks are impeding the progress of rescue workers.
• Greater levels of stress may seriously handicap some students.
• He grabbed my arm, partly to restrain me.
• Like more and more women, she believes wedlock would cramp her style.
• Sugary drinks inhibit digestion.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
boundIf someone's life or situation is bounded by certain things, those are its most important aspects and it is limited or restricted by them.
• Our lives are bounded by work, family and television.
• The monarch's powers are circumscribed by Parliament.
Thesaurus for restrict from the Collins English Thesaurus