Synonyms of scrunch
• Her feet scrunched on the ground.
• The leaves rustled in the wind.
• The leaves whispered and rustled in the breeze.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
crumpleIf you crumple something such as paper or cloth, or if it crumples, it is squashed and becomes full of untidy creases and folds.
• She crumpled the paper in her hand.
crushTo crush something means to press it very hard so that its shape is destroyed or so that it breaks into pieces.
• Their vehicle was crushed by an army tank.
mashIf you mash food that is solid but soft, you crush it so that it forms a soft mass.
• Mash the bananas with a fork.
Thesaurus for scrunch from the Collins English Thesaurus