Definition of 'adult education'
Example sentences containing 'adult education'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Your local adult education college may offer classes in some of these and notice boards in health food shops may carry details of what's available locally. Life Without Work (1994)
Trends of 'adult education'
Used Occasionally. adult education is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'adult education'
British English: adult education /ˈædʌlt ˌɛdjʊˈkeɪʃən/ NOUN
Adult education is education for adults in a variety of subjects, most of which are practical, not academic. Classes are often held in the evenings.
Most adult education centres offer computing courses.
- American English: adult education
- Arabic: تَعْلِيمُ الكِبار
- Brazilian Portuguese: educação para adultos
- Chinese: 成人教育
- Croatian: obrazovanje odraslih
- Czech: vzdělávání dospělých
- Danish: voksenuddannelse
- Dutch: volwassenenonderwijs
- European Spanish: educación para adultos
- Finnish: aikuisopetus
- French: classes pour adultes
- German: Erwachsenenbildung
- Greek: εκπαίδευση ενηλίκων
- Italian: istruzione per adulti
- Japanese: 生涯教育
- Korean: 성인 교육
- Norwegian: voksenopplæring
- Polish: kształcenie dorosłych
- European Portuguese: ensino de adultos
- Romanian: educația adulților
- Russian: образование для взрослых
- Spanish: educación para adultos
- Swedish: vuxenutbildning
- Thai: การศึกษาผู้ใหญ่
- Turkish: yetişkin eğitimi
- Ukrainian: освіта для дорослих
- Vietnamese: giáo dục dành cho người trưởng thành
Definition of adult education from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.