Definition of 'adult education'
Example sentences containing 'adult education'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Your local adult education college may offer classes in some of these and notice boards in health food shops may carry details of what's available locally. Life Without Work (1994)
Trends of 'adult education'
Used Occasionally. adult education is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'adult education'
British English: adult education /ˈædʌlt ˌɛdjʊˈkeɪʃən/ NOUN
Adult education is education for adults in a variety of subjects, most of which are practical, not academic. Classes are often held in the evenings.
Most adult education centres offer computing courses.
- American English: adult education
- Arabic: تَعْلِيمُ الكِبار
- Brazilian Portuguese: educação para adultos
- Chinese: 成人教育
- Croatian: obrazovanje odraslih
- Czech: vzdělávání dospělých
- Danish: voksenuddannelse
- Dutch: volwassenenonderwijs
- European Spanish: educación para adultos
- Finnish: aikuisopetus
- French: classes pour adultes
- German: Erwachsenenbildung
- Greek: εκπαίδευση ενηλίκων
- Italian: istruzione per adulti
- Japanese: 生涯教育
- Korean: 성인 교육
- Norwegian: voksenopplæring
- Polish: kształcenie dorosłych
- European Portuguese: ensino de adultos
- Romanian: educația adulților
- Russian: образование для взрослых
- Spanish: educación para adultos
- Swedish: vuxenutbildning
- Thai: การศึกษาผู้ใหญ่
- Turkish: yetişkin eğitimi
- Ukrainian: освіта для дорослих
- Vietnamese: giáo dục dành cho người trưởng thành
Definition of adult education from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.