Definition of 'adult education'
Example sentences containing 'adult education'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Your local adult education college may offer classes in some of these and notice boards in health food shops may carry details of what's available locally. Life Without Work (1994)
Trends of 'adult education'
Used Occasionally. adult education is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'adult education'
British English: adult education /ˈædʌlt ˌɛdjʊˈkeɪʃən/ NOUN
Adult education is education for adults in a variety of subjects, most of which are practical, not academic. Classes are often held in the evenings.
Most adult education centres offer computing courses.
- American English: adult education
- Arabic: تَعْلِيمُ الكِبار
- Brazilian Portuguese: educação para adultos
- Chinese: 成人教育
- Croatian: obrazovanje odraslih
- Czech: vzdělávání dospělých
- Danish: voksenuddannelse
- Dutch: volwassenenonderwijs
- European Spanish: educación para adultos
- Finnish: aikuisopetus
- French: classes pour adultes
- German: Erwachsenenbildung
- Greek: εκπαίδευση ενηλίκων
- Italian: istruzione per adulti
- Japanese: 生涯教育
- Korean: 성인 교육
- Norwegian: voksenopplæring
- Polish: kształcenie dorosłych
- European Portuguese: ensino de adultos
- Romanian: educația adulților
- Russian: образование для взрослых
- Spanish: educación para adultos
- Swedish: vuxenutbildning
- Thai: การศึกษาผู้ใหญ่
- Turkish: yetişkin eğitimi
- Ukrainian: освіта для дорослих
- Vietnamese: giáo dục dành cho người trưởng thành
Definition of adult education from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.