Definition of 'Afrikaner'
Trends of 'Afrikaner'
Used Occasionally. Afrikaner is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Afrikaner'
British English: Afrikaner /æfrɪˈkɑːnə/ NOUN
An Afrikaner is one of the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
- American English: Afrikaner
- Arabic: شَخْصٌ مِنْ جَنُوبِ أَفْرِيقيا مِنْ أَصْلٍ أُورُبِيٍّ وخَاصّةً مِنْ الـمُسْتَوْطِنيـنِ الهُولَنْدِييـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: africâner
- Chinese: 欧洲血统的南非人
- Croatian: holandski naseljenik u Južnoj Africi
- Czech: Afrikánec
- Danish: boer
- Dutch: Zuid-Afrikaan persoon
- European Spanish: afrikáner
- Finnish: valkoinen eteläafrikkalainen
- French: Afrikaner
- German: Afrikaander
- Greek: Αφρικάνερ
- Italian: afrikaner
- Japanese: アフリカーナー
- Korean: 아프리카너
- Norwegian: afrikander
- Polish: Afrykaner
- European Portuguese: africânder
- Romanian: afrikaander
- Russian: африкандер
- Spanish: afrikaner
- Swedish: afrikand
- Thai: ชาวแอฟริกาเชื้อสายยุโรป
- Turkish: Hollanda asıllı Güney Afrikalı
- Ukrainian: африкандер
- Vietnamese: người Nam Phi gốc Âu (đặc biệt là Hà Lan)
Definition of Afrikaner from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.