Definition of 'Afrikaner'
Trends of 'Afrikaner'
Used Occasionally. Afrikaner is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Afrikaner'
British English: Afrikaner /æfrɪˈkɑːnə/ NOUN
An Afrikaner is one of the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
- American English: Afrikaner
- Arabic: شَخْصٌ مِنْ جَنُوبِ أَفْرِيقيا مِنْ أَصْلٍ أُورُبِيٍّ وخَاصّةً مِنْ الـمُسْتَوْطِنيـنِ الهُولَنْدِييـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: africâner
- Chinese: 欧洲血统的南非人
- Croatian: holandski naseljenik u Južnoj Africi
- Czech: Afrikánec
- Danish: boer
- Dutch: Zuid-Afrikaan persoon
- European Spanish: afrikáner
- Finnish: valkoinen eteläafrikkalainen
- French: Afrikaner
- German: Afrikaander
- Greek: Αφρικάνερ
- Italian: afrikaner
- Japanese: アフリカーナー
- Korean: 아프리카너
- Norwegian: afrikander
- Polish: Afrykaner
- European Portuguese: africânder
- Romanian: afrikaander
- Russian: африкандер
- Spanish: afrikaner
- Swedish: afrikand
- Thai: ชาวแอฟริกาเชื้อสายยุโรป
- Turkish: Hollanda asıllı Güney Afrikalı
- Ukrainian: африкандер
- Vietnamese: người Nam Phi gốc Âu (đặc biệt là Hà Lan)
Definition of Afrikaner from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.