Definition of 'Afrikaner'
Trends of 'Afrikaner'
Used Occasionally. Afrikaner is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Afrikaner'
British English: Afrikaner /æfrɪˈkɑːnə/ NOUN
An Afrikaner is one of the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
- American English: Afrikaner
- Arabic: شَخْصٌ مِنْ جَنُوبِ أَفْرِيقيا مِنْ أَصْلٍ أُورُبِيٍّ وخَاصّةً مِنْ الـمُسْتَوْطِنيـنِ الهُولَنْدِييـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: africâner
- Chinese: 欧洲血统的南非人
- Croatian: holandski naseljenik u Južnoj Africi
- Czech: Afrikánec
- Danish: boer
- Dutch: Zuid-Afrikaan persoon
- European Spanish: afrikáner
- Finnish: valkoinen eteläafrikkalainen
- French: Afrikaner
- German: Afrikaander
- Greek: Αφρικάνερ
- Italian: afrikaner
- Japanese: アフリカーナー
- Korean: 아프리카너
- Norwegian: afrikander
- Polish: Afrykaner
- European Portuguese: africânder
- Romanian: afrikaander
- Russian: африкандер
- Spanish: afrikaner
- Swedish: afrikand
- Thai: ชาวแอฟริกาเชื้อสายยุโรป
- Turkish: Hollanda asıllı Güney Afrikalı
- Ukrainian: африкандер
- Vietnamese: người Nam Phi gốc Âu (đặc biệt là Hà Lan)
Definition of Afrikaner from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.