Definition of 'air conditioning'
Video: pronunciation of 'air conditioning'
Example sentences containing 'air conditioning'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
They were determined to use natural cooling rather than air conditioning. Times, Sunday Times (2006)The room was without air conditioning (global warming ) and it all felt rather surreal. Times, Sunday Times (2007)
Trends of 'air conditioning'
Used Occasionally. air conditioning is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'air conditioning'
British English: air conditioning /ɛə kənˈdɪʃənɪŋ/ NOUN
Air conditioning is a method of providing buildings and vehicles with cool air.
- American English: air conditioning
- Arabic: تَكْيِيف الهَوَاء
- Brazilian Portuguese: ar condicionado
- Chinese: 空调
- Croatian: klimatizacija
- Czech: klimatizace
- Danish: aircondition
- Dutch: airconditioning
- European Spanish: aire acondicionado
- Finnish: ilmastointi
- French: climatisation
- German: Klimaanlage
- Greek: κλιματισμός
- Italian: aria condizionata
- Japanese: 空調
- Korean: 냉난방 장치
- Norwegian: klimaanlegg
- Polish: klimatyzacja
- European Portuguese: ar condicionado
- Romanian: aer condiționat
- Russian: кондиционирование воздуха
- Spanish: aire acondicionado
- Swedish: luftkonditionering
- Thai: ระบบปรับอากาศ
- Turkish: klima
- Ukrainian: кондиціювання повітря
- Vietnamese: hệ thống điều hoà nhiệt độ
Definition of air conditioning from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.