Definition of 'airsick'
Trends of 'airsick'
Used Rarely. airsick is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'airsick'
British English: airsick /ˈɛəˌsɪk/ ADJECTIVE
If you are airsick, you are sick or nauseated from travelling in an aircraft.
I was violently airsick all the way.
- American English: airsick
- Arabic: دُوارُ الـجَوّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: com náusea devido a viagem aérea
- Chinese: 晕机
- Croatian: koji osjeća mučninu pri letenju
- Czech: trpící nevolností v letadle
- Danish: luftsyg
- Dutch: luchtziek
- European Spanish: mareado avión
- Finnish: pahoinvoiva lentokoneessa
- French: malade en avion
- German: flugkrank
- Greek: πάσχων από αεροναυτία
- Italian: avere il mal d’aria
- Japanese: 飛行機に酔った
- Korean: 비행기 멀미가 난
- Norwegian: flysyk
- Polish: cierpiący na chorobę powietrzną
- European Portuguese: enjoado devido a viagem aérea
- Romanian: rău de avion
- Russian: страдающий воздушной болезнью
- Spanish: mareado
- Swedish: flygsjuk
- Thai: เมาเครื่องบิน
- Turkish: uçak tutmuş
- Ukrainian: той, хто страждає на повітряну хворобу
- Vietnamese: say máy bay
Definition of airsick from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.