Definition of 'airsick'
Trends of 'airsick'
Used Rarely. airsick is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'airsick'
British English: airsick /ˈɛəˌsɪk/ ADJECTIVE
If you are airsick, you are sick or nauseated from travelling in an aircraft.
I was violently airsick all the way.
- American English: airsick
- Arabic: دُوارُ الـجَوّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: com náusea devido a viagem aérea
- Chinese: 晕机
- Croatian: koji osjeća mučninu pri letenju
- Czech: trpící nevolností v letadle
- Danish: luftsyg
- Dutch: luchtziek
- European Spanish: mareado avión
- Finnish: pahoinvoiva lentokoneessa
- French: malade en avion
- German: flugkrank
- Greek: πάσχων από αεροναυτία
- Italian: avere il mal d’aria
- Japanese: 飛行機に酔った
- Korean: 비행기 멀미가 난
- Norwegian: flysyk
- Polish: cierpiący na chorobę powietrzną
- European Portuguese: enjoado devido a viagem aérea
- Romanian: rău de avion
- Russian: страдающий воздушной болезнью
- Spanish: mareado
- Swedish: flygsjuk
- Thai: เมาเครื่องบิน
- Turkish: uçak tutmuş
- Ukrainian: той, хто страждає на повітряну хворобу
- Vietnamese: say máy bay
Definition of airsick from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.