Definition of 'aisle seat'
Example sentences containing 'aisle seat'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Would you be able to book a window or an aisle seat? Times, Sunday Times (2013)They sit in the aisle seat when the window seat is available. Times, Sunday Times (2015)He always takes an aisle seat and buys no food or drinks for himself. Times, Sunday Times (2013)Day after day she takes her aisle seat and watches the performance. Christianity Today (2000)This is the aisle seat of a row of four in economy, with an escape hatch in front of you instead of another seat. The Sun (2013)
Trends of 'aisle seat'
Used Rarely. aisle seat is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'aisle seat'
British English: aisle seat /aɪl siːt/ NOUN
An aisle seat is a seat next to the aisle in an aircraft or on a train.
- American English: aisle seat
- Arabic: كُرْسِيّ بِجِوَار الـمَمَرّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: assento no corredor
- Chinese: 靠道座位
- Croatian: sjedalo do prolaza
- Czech: sedadlo v uličce
- Danish: siddeplads ved midtergangen
- Dutch: zitplaats in gangpad
- European Spanish: asiento de pasillo
- Finnish: käytäväpaikka
- French: place couloir
- German: Gangplatz
- Greek: θέση στο διάδρομο
- Italian: posto vicino al corridoio
- Japanese: 通路側の席
- Korean: 통로쪽 좌석
- Norwegian: sete ved midtgangen
- Polish: siedzenie przy przejściu
- European Portuguese: lugar de coxia
- Romanian: loc lângă culoar
- Russian: место у прохода
- Spanish: asiento de pasillo
- Swedish: säte vid gången
- Thai: ที่นั่งระหว่างทางเดินในเครื่องบิน
- Turkish: koridor koltuğu
- Ukrainian: місце в проході
- Vietnamese: chỗ ngồi cạnh lối đi
Definition of aisle seat from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.