Definition of 'alarm call'
Trends of 'alarm call'
Used Rarely. alarm call is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'alarm call'
British English: alarm call /əˈlɑːm kɔːl/ NOUN
An alarm call is a telephone call that you can arrange through an operator or at a hotel to make sure that you wake up at a particular time.
I booked an alarm call for 4:45 a.m.
- American English: wake-up call
- Arabic: خِدْمَةُ التَنْبِيهِ بِالهَاتِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviço de chamada
- Chinese: 唤醒电话
- Croatian: buđenje
- Czech: buzení telefonem
- Danish: alarmopkald
- Dutch: wekdienst
- European Spanish: llamada despertador
- Finnish: hälytys
- French: réveil par téléphone
- German: Weckruf
- Greek: κλήση συναγερμού
- Italian: chiamata di sveglia
- Japanese: モーニングコール
- Korean: 비상 신호
- Norwegian: automatisk vekkeanrop
- Polish: budzenie telefoniczne
- European Portuguese: serviço de despertar
- Romanian: apel de deșteptare
- Russian: сигнал побудки
- Spanish: llamada de aviso
- Swedish: larmsignal
- Thai: การโทรปลุก
- Turkish: uyarı çağrısı
- Ukrainian: сигнал будильника
- Vietnamese: cuộc gọi báo thức
Definition of alarm call from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.