Definition of 'alarm call'
Trends of 'alarm call'
Used Rarely. alarm call is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'alarm call'
British English: alarm call /əˈlɑːm kɔːl/ NOUN
An alarm call is a telephone call that you can arrange through an operator or at a hotel to make sure that you wake up at a particular time.
I booked an alarm call for 4:45 a.m.
- American English: wake-up call
- Arabic: خِدْمَةُ التَنْبِيهِ بِالهَاتِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviço de chamada
- Chinese: 唤醒电话
- Croatian: buđenje
- Czech: buzení telefonem
- Danish: alarmopkald
- Dutch: wekdienst
- European Spanish: llamada despertador
- Finnish: hälytys
- French: réveil par téléphone
- German: Weckruf
- Greek: κλήση συναγερμού
- Italian: chiamata di sveglia
- Japanese: モーニングコール
- Korean: 비상 신호
- Norwegian: automatisk vekkeanrop
- Polish: budzenie telefoniczne
- European Portuguese: serviço de despertar
- Romanian: apel de deșteptare
- Russian: сигнал побудки
- Spanish: llamada de aviso
- Swedish: larmsignal
- Thai: การโทรปลุก
- Turkish: uyarı çağrısı
- Ukrainian: сигнал будильника
- Vietnamese: cuộc gọi báo thức
Definition of alarm call from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.