Definition of 'Alzheimer's disease'
Trends of 'Alzheimer's disease'
In Common Usage. Alzheimer's disease is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Alzheimer's disease'
British English: Alzheimer's disease /ˈæltsˈhaɪməz dɪˈziːz/ NOUN
Alzheimer's disease is a condition in which a person's brain gradually stops working properly.
- American English: Alzheimer's disease
- Arabic: مَرَض الزيـمر
- Brazilian Portuguese: doença de Alzheimer
- Chinese: 阿尔茨海默病
- Croatian: Alzheimerova bolest
- Czech: Alzheimerova choroba
- Danish: Alzheimers
- Dutch: ziekte van Alzheimer
- European Spanish: enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Finnish: Alzheimerin tauti
- French: maladie d’Alzheimer
- German: Alzheimerkrankheit
- Greek: Νόσος Αλτσχάιμερ
- Italian: morbo di Alzheimer
- Japanese: アルツハイマー病
- Korean: 알츠하이머병
- Norwegian: Alzheimers sykdom
- Polish: choroba Alzheimera
- European Portuguese: doença de Alzheimer
- Romanian: Boala Alzheimer
- Russian: болезнь Альцгеймера
- Spanish: enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Swedish: Alzheimers sjukdom
- Thai: โรคลืม อัลไซเมอร์
- Turkish: Alzheimer hastalığı
- Ukrainian: хвороба Альцгеймера
- Vietnamese: bệnh Alzheimer
Definition of Alzheimer's disease from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.