Definition of 'Alzheimer's disease'
Trends of 'Alzheimer's disease'
In Common Usage. Alzheimer's disease is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Alzheimer's disease'
British English: Alzheimer's disease /ˈæltsˈhaɪməz dɪˈziːz/ NOUN
Alzheimer's disease is a condition in which a person's brain gradually stops working properly.
- American English: Alzheimer's disease
- Arabic: مَرَض الزيـمر
- Brazilian Portuguese: doença de Alzheimer
- Chinese: 阿尔茨海默病
- Croatian: Alzheimerova bolest
- Czech: Alzheimerova choroba
- Danish: Alzheimers
- Dutch: ziekte van Alzheimer
- European Spanish: enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Finnish: Alzheimerin tauti
- French: maladie d’Alzheimer
- German: Alzheimerkrankheit
- Greek: Νόσος Αλτσχάιμερ
- Italian: morbo di Alzheimer
- Japanese: アルツハイマー病
- Korean: 알츠하이머병
- Norwegian: Alzheimers sykdom
- Polish: choroba Alzheimera
- European Portuguese: doença de Alzheimer
- Romanian: Boala Alzheimer
- Russian: болезнь Альцгеймера
- Spanish: enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Swedish: Alzheimers sjukdom
- Thai: โรคลืม อัลไซเมอร์
- Turkish: Alzheimer hastalığı
- Ukrainian: хвороба Альцгеймера
- Vietnamese: bệnh Alzheimer
Definition of Alzheimer's disease from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.