Definition of 'antique shop'
Example sentences containing 'antique shop'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Chapman's description of the man who'd come into the antique shop had not been good generally; specifically, however, it had been promising. A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLEShe had picked up a music box for Autumn at the antique shop, and he turned in that direction. ROSES ARE FOR THE RICHThen on Saturday he tried to sell one of the stolen cups to an antique shop in Lineport. A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE
Trends of 'antique shop'
Used Rarely. antique shop is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'antique shop'
British English: antique shop /ænˈtiːk ʃɒp/ NOUN
An antique shop is a shop where antiques are sold.
- American English: antique store
- Arabic: مَتْجَرْ التُحَف
- Brazilian Portuguese: loja de antiguidades
- Chinese: 古董店
- Croatian: starinarnica
- Czech: starožitnictví
- Danish: antikvitetsforretning
- Dutch: antiekwinkel
- European Spanish: tienda de antigüedades
- Finnish: antiikkiliike
- French: magasin d’antiquités
- German: Antiquitätenhandlung
- Greek: παλαιοπωλείο
- Italian: antiquariato
- Japanese: 骨董屋
- Korean: 골동품점
- Norwegian: antikvitetshandel
- Polish: sklep z antykami
- European Portuguese: loja de antiguidades
- Romanian: magazin de antichități
- Russian: антикварный магазин
- Spanish: tienda de antigüedades
- Swedish: antikvitetshandel
- Thai: ร้านขายของเก่า
- Turkish: antikacı dükkanı
- Ukrainian: антикварний магазин
- Vietnamese: cửa hàng đồ cổ
Definition of antique shop from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.