Definition of 'antique shop'
Example sentences containing 'antique shop'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Chapman's description of the man who'd come into the antique shop had not been good generally; specifically, however, it had been promising. A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLEShe had picked up a music box for Autumn at the antique shop, and he turned in that direction. ROSES ARE FOR THE RICHThen on Saturday he tried to sell one of the stolen cups to an antique shop in Lineport. A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE
Trends of 'antique shop'
Used Rarely. antique shop is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'antique shop'
British English: antique shop /ænˈtiːk ʃɒp/ NOUN
An antique shop is a shop where antiques are sold.
- American English: antique store
- Arabic: مَتْجَرْ التُحَف
- Brazilian Portuguese: loja de antiguidades
- Chinese: 古董店
- Croatian: starinarnica
- Czech: starožitnictví
- Danish: antikvitetsforretning
- Dutch: antiekwinkel
- European Spanish: tienda de antigüedades
- Finnish: antiikkiliike
- French: magasin d’antiquités
- German: Antiquitätenhandlung
- Greek: παλαιοπωλείο
- Italian: antiquariato
- Japanese: 骨董屋
- Korean: 골동품점
- Norwegian: antikvitetshandel
- Polish: sklep z antykami
- European Portuguese: loja de antiguidades
- Romanian: magazin de antichități
- Russian: антикварный магазин
- Spanish: tienda de antigüedades
- Swedish: antikvitetshandel
- Thai: ร้านขายของเก่า
- Turkish: antikacı dükkanı
- Ukrainian: антикварний магазин
- Vietnamese: cửa hàng đồ cổ
Definition of antique shop from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.