Definition of 'appendicitis'
Trends of 'appendicitis'
Used Occasionally. appendicitis is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'appendicitis'
British English: appendicitis /əˌpɛndɪˈsaɪtɪs/ NOUN
Appendicitis is an illness in which a person's appendix is infected and painful.
He is recovering in hospital after an operation for acute appendicitis.
- American English: appendicitis
- Arabic: اِلْتِهابُ الزَّائِدَةِ الدُّودِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: apendicite
- Chinese: 阑尾炎
- Croatian: upala slijepog crijeva
- Czech: zánět slepého střeva
- Danish: blindtarmsbetændelse
- Dutch: appendicitis
- European Spanish: apendicitis
- Finnish: umpilisäkkeen tulehdus
- French: appendicite
- German: Blinddarmentzündung
- Greek: σκωληκοειδίτιδα
- Italian: appendicite
- Japanese: 虫垂炎
- Korean: 맹장염
- Norwegian: blindtarmsbetennelse
- Polish: zapalenie wyrostka robaczkowego
- European Portuguese: apendicite
- Romanian: apendicită
- Russian: аппендицит
- Spanish: apendicitis
- Swedish: blindtarmsinflammation
- Thai: ไส้ติ่งอักเสบ
- Turkish: apandisit
- Ukrainian: апендицит
- Vietnamese: bệnh viêm ruột thừa
Definition of appendicitis from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.