Definition of 'appendicitis'
Trends of 'appendicitis'
Used Occasionally. appendicitis is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'appendicitis'
British English: appendicitis /əˌpɛndɪˈsaɪtɪs/ NOUN
Appendicitis is an illness in which a person's appendix is infected and painful.
He is recovering in hospital after an operation for acute appendicitis.
- American English: appendicitis
- Arabic: اِلْتِهابُ الزَّائِدَةِ الدُّودِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: apendicite
- Chinese: 阑尾炎
- Croatian: upala slijepog crijeva
- Czech: zánět slepého střeva
- Danish: blindtarmsbetændelse
- Dutch: appendicitis
- European Spanish: apendicitis
- Finnish: umpilisäkkeen tulehdus
- French: appendicite
- German: Blinddarmentzündung
- Greek: σκωληκοειδίτιδα
- Italian: appendicite
- Japanese: 虫垂炎
- Korean: 맹장염
- Norwegian: blindtarmsbetennelse
- Polish: zapalenie wyrostka robaczkowego
- European Portuguese: apendicite
- Romanian: apendicită
- Russian: аппендицит
- Spanish: apendicitis
- Swedish: blindtarmsinflammation
- Thai: ไส้ติ่งอักเสบ
- Turkish: apandisit
- Ukrainian: апендицит
- Vietnamese: bệnh viêm ruột thừa
Definition of appendicitis from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.