Definition of 'application form'
Example sentences containing 'application form'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`You can imagine how gobsmacked I was when I saw your face looking up at me from an application form. THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)She had helped him with his application form, but he'd put that bit in afterwards, in the dead of night: pass in French. PROSPECT HILL (2002)Even many years later his mind would sometimes return to that fiddled application form. PROSPECT HILL (2002)
Trends of 'application form'
Used Occasionally. application form is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'application form'
British English: application form /ˌæplɪˈkeɪʃn fɔːm/ NOUN
An application form is a formal written request for something such as a job or membership of an organization.
- American English: application form
- Arabic: نَـمُوذَج الطَلَب
- Brazilian Portuguese: formulário de requerimento
- Chinese: 申请表
- Croatian: prijavni obrazac
- Czech: přihláška
- Danish: ansøgningsskema
- Dutch: sollicitatieformulier
- European Spanish: formulario de solicitud
- Finnish: hakemuslomake
- French: formulaire de candidature
- German: Bewerbungsformular
- Greek: αίτηση
- Italian: modulo di richiesta
- Japanese: 申込書
- Korean: 신청서
- Norwegian: søknadsskjema
- Polish: formularz podania
- European Portuguese: formulário de inscrição
- Romanian: formular de cerere
- Russian: бланк заявления
- Spanish: formulario de solicitud
- Swedish: ansökningsblankett
- Thai: แบบฟอร์มใบสมัคร
- Turkish: başvuru formu
- Ukrainian: бланк заяви
- Vietnamese: mẫu đơn xin
Definition of application form from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.