Definition of 'April Fool's Day'
Translations for 'April Fool's Day'
British English: April Fools' Day /ˈeɪprəl fuːlz deɪ/ NOUN
In the West, April Fools' Day is the 1st of April, the day on which people traditionally play tricks on each other.
- American English: April Fools' Day
- Arabic: يَوْم كِذْبَة إِبْريل
- Brazilian Portuguese: dia da mentira
- Chinese: 愚人节
- Croatian: prvi travnja
- Czech: apríl
- Danish: 1. april
- Dutch: één april
- European Spanish: día de los Santos Inocentes
- Finnish: aprillipäivä
- French: 1er avril
- German: erster April
- Greek: Πρωταπριλιά
- Italian: pesce di aprile
- Japanese: エープリルフールの日
- Korean: 만우절
- Norwegian: første april
- Polish: prima aprilis
- European Portuguese: Dia das Mentiras
- Romanian: 1 AprilieZiua Păcălelilor
- Russian: День смеха
- Spanish: día de los Santos Inocentes
- Swedish: första april
- Thai: วันที่เล่นแกล้งกันหรือล้อเลียน
- Turkish: 1 Nisan Şakası
- Ukrainian: День сміху
- Vietnamese: Ngày Cá tháng Tư
Definition of April Fool's Day from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.