Definition of 'Arctic Circle'
Trends of 'Arctic Circle'
Used Occasionally. Arctic Circle is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Arctic Circle'
British English: Arctic Circle /ˈɑːktɪk ˈsɜːkl/ NOUN
The Arctic Circle is an imaginary line drawn around the northern part of the world at approximately 66° North.
- American English: Arctic Circle
- Arabic: الدَائِرَة القُطْبِيَّة الشِّمالِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: Círculo Ártico
- Chinese: 北极圈
- Croatian: Arktički krug
- Czech: severní polární kruh
- Danish: den nordlige polarkreds
- Dutch: noordpoolcirkel
- European Spanish: círculo polar ártico
- Finnish: pohjoinen napapiiri
- French: cercle polaire
- German: nördlicher Polarkreis
- Greek: Αρκτικός Κύκλος
- Italian: Circolo Polare Artico
- Japanese: 北極圏
- Korean: 북극권
- Norwegian: polarsirkel
- Polish: koło podbiegunowe
- European Portuguese: Círculo Ártico
- Romanian: Cercul Polar de Nord
- Russian: Северный полярный круг
- Spanish: círculo polar ártico
- Swedish: norra polcirkeln
- Thai: เส้นอาร์กติกเซอร์เคิล
- Turkish: Kuzey Buzul Kuşağı
- Ukrainian: Північне полярне коло
- Vietnamese: Vòng Bắc Cực
Definition of Arctic Circle from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.