Definition of 'art school'
Translations for 'art school'
British English: art school /ɑːt skuːl/ NOUN
An art school is a college that specializes in art.
- American English: art school
- Arabic: مَعْهَدُ الفُنُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola de artes
- Chinese: 艺校
- Croatian: škola umjetnosti
- Czech: umělecká škola
- Danish: kunstskole
- Dutch: kunstacademie
- European Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Finnish: taidekoulu
- French: école des beaux-arts
- German: Kunstakademie
- Greek: σχολή καλών τεχνών
- Italian: scuola d’arte
- Japanese: 美術学校
- Korean: 예술 학교
- Norwegian: kunstskole
- Polish: akademia sztuk pięknych
- European Portuguese: escola de artes
- Romanian: școală de arte
- Russian: художественная школа
- Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Swedish: konstskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนศิลปะ
- Turkish: sanat okulu
- Ukrainian: художнє училище
- Vietnamese: trường nghệ thuật
Definition of art school from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.