Definition of 'art school'
Translations for 'art school'
British English: art school /ɑːt skuːl/ NOUN
An art school is a college that specializes in art.
- American English: art school
- Arabic: مَعْهَدُ الفُنُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola de artes
- Chinese: 艺校
- Croatian: škola umjetnosti
- Czech: umělecká škola
- Danish: kunstskole
- Dutch: kunstacademie
- European Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Finnish: taidekoulu
- French: école des beaux-arts
- German: Kunstakademie
- Greek: σχολή καλών τεχνών
- Italian: scuola d’arte
- Japanese: 美術学校
- Korean: 예술 학교
- Norwegian: kunstskole
- Polish: akademia sztuk pięknych
- European Portuguese: escola de artes
- Romanian: școală de arte
- Russian: художественная школа
- Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Swedish: konstskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนศิลปะ
- Turkish: sanat okulu
- Ukrainian: художнє училище
- Vietnamese: trường nghệ thuật
Definition of art school from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.