Definition of 'art school'
Translations for 'art school'
British English: art school /ɑːt skuːl/ NOUN
An art school is a college that specializes in art.
- American English: art school
- Arabic: مَعْهَدُ الفُنُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola de artes
- Chinese: 艺校
- Croatian: škola umjetnosti
- Czech: umělecká škola
- Danish: kunstskole
- Dutch: kunstacademie
- European Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Finnish: taidekoulu
- French: école des beaux-arts
- German: Kunstakademie
- Greek: σχολή καλών τεχνών
- Italian: scuola d’arte
- Japanese: 美術学校
- Korean: 예술 학교
- Norwegian: kunstskole
- Polish: akademia sztuk pięknych
- European Portuguese: escola de artes
- Romanian: școală de arte
- Russian: художественная школа
- Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Swedish: konstskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนศิลปะ
- Turkish: sanat okulu
- Ukrainian: художнє училище
- Vietnamese: trường nghệ thuật
Definition of art school from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.