Definition of 'art school'
Translations for 'art school'
British English: art school /ɑːt skuːl/ NOUN
An art school is a college that specializes in art.
- American English: art school
- Arabic: مَعْهَدُ الفُنُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola de artes
- Chinese: 艺校
- Croatian: škola umjetnosti
- Czech: umělecká škola
- Danish: kunstskole
- Dutch: kunstacademie
- European Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Finnish: taidekoulu
- French: école des beaux-arts
- German: Kunstakademie
- Greek: σχολή καλών τεχνών
- Italian: scuola d’arte
- Japanese: 美術学校
- Korean: 예술 학교
- Norwegian: kunstskole
- Polish: akademia sztuk pięknych
- European Portuguese: escola de artes
- Romanian: școală de arte
- Russian: художественная школа
- Spanish: escuela de Bellas Artes
- Swedish: konstskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนศิลปะ
- Turkish: sanat okulu
- Ukrainian: художнє училище
- Vietnamese: trường nghệ thuật
Definition of art school from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.