Definition of 'Atlantic Ocean'
Translations for 'Atlantic Ocean'
British English: Atlantic Ocean /ətˈlæntɪk ˈəʊʃən/ NOUN
The Atlantic Ocean is the second largest ocean in the world.
- American English: Atlantic
- Arabic: الـمُحِيط الأَطْلَسِي
- Brazilian Portuguese: Oceano Atlântico
- Chinese: 大西洋
- Croatian: Atlantik
- Czech: Atlantský oceán
- Danish: Atlanterhavet
- Dutch: Atlantische Oceaan
- European Spanish: Atlántico
- Finnish: Atlantti
- French: Atlantique
- German: Atlantik
- Greek: Ατλαντικός
- Italian: Atlantico
- Japanese: 大西洋
- Korean: 대서양
- Norwegian: Atlanterhavet
- Polish: Atlantyk
- European Portuguese: Oceano Atlântico
- Romanian: Oceanul Atlantic
- Russian: Атлантический океан
- Spanish: Atlántico
- Swedish: Atlanten
- Thai: มหาสมุทรแอตแลนติก
- Turkish: Atlantik
- Ukrainian: Атлантичний океан
- Vietnamese: Đại Tây Dương
Definition of Atlantic Ocean from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.