Definition of 'away match'
Trends of 'away match'
Used Rarely. away match is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'away match'
British English: away match /əˈweɪ mætʃ/ NOUN
When a sports team plays an away match, it plays on its opponents' ground.
- American English: away game
- Arabic: مُبَاراة رِيَاضِيّ عَلَى أَرْض الفِرْقَة الـمُنافِسَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: partida em campo adversário
- Chinese: 客场比赛
- Croatian: utakmica u gostima
- Czech: zápas na cizím hřišti
- Danish: udekamp
- Dutch: uitwedstrijd
- European Spanish: partido fuera de casa
- Finnish: vierasottelu
- French: match à l’extérieur
- German: Auswärtsspiel
- Greek: αγώνας εκτός έδρας
- Italian: partita in trasferta
- Japanese: アウェーの試合
- Korean: 원정 경기
- Norwegian: bortekamp
- Polish: mecz wyjazdowy
- European Portuguese: jogo no campo do adversário
- Romanian: meci în deplasare
- Russian: игра на выезде
- Spanish: partido en el exterior
- Swedish: bortamatch
- Thai: การแข่งขันที่ไปเล่นที่อื่น
- Turkish: rakip sahada maç
- Ukrainian: матч на чужому полі
- Vietnamese: trận đấu trên sân khách
Definition of away match from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.