Definition of 'away match'
Trends of 'away match'
Used Rarely. away match is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'away match'
British English: away match /əˈweɪ mætʃ/ NOUN
When a sports team plays an away match, it plays on its opponents' ground.
- American English: away game
- Arabic: مُبَاراة رِيَاضِيّ عَلَى أَرْض الفِرْقَة الـمُنافِسَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: partida em campo adversário
- Chinese: 客场比赛
- Croatian: utakmica u gostima
- Czech: zápas na cizím hřišti
- Danish: udekamp
- Dutch: uitwedstrijd
- European Spanish: partido fuera de casa
- Finnish: vierasottelu
- French: match à l’extérieur
- German: Auswärtsspiel
- Greek: αγώνας εκτός έδρας
- Italian: partita in trasferta
- Japanese: アウェーの試合
- Korean: 원정 경기
- Norwegian: bortekamp
- Polish: mecz wyjazdowy
- European Portuguese: jogo no campo do adversário
- Romanian: meci în deplasare
- Russian: игра на выезде
- Spanish: partido en el exterior
- Swedish: bortamatch
- Thai: การแข่งขันที่ไปเล่นที่อื่น
- Turkish: rakip sahada maç
- Ukrainian: матч на чужому полі
- Vietnamese: trận đấu trên sân khách
Definition of away match from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.