Definition of 'BA'
Trends of 'BA'
Used Occasionally. ba is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'BA'
British English: BA /biː eɪ/ ABBREVIATION
A BA is a first degree in an arts or social science subject. BA is an abbreviation for `Bachelor of Arts'.
I did a BA in film making.
- American English: BA
- Arabic: بَكَالُوريوس
- Brazilian Portuguese: bacharel em humanidades
- Chinese: 文学士
- Croatian: sveučilišni prvostupnik
- Czech: Bc.
- Danish: B.A.
- Dutch: BA
- European Spanish: licenciado
- Finnish: humanististen tieteiden kandidaatti
- French: licence
- German: BA
- Greek: Πτυχίο πανεπιστημίου
- Italian: laurea in discipline umanistiche
- Japanese: 文学士
- Korean: 문학사
- Norwegian: universitetsgrad
- Polish: licencjat w dziedzinie nauk humanistycznych
- European Portuguese: bacharel em humanidades
- Romanian: Licență în arte
- Russian: бакалавр гуманитарных наук
- Spanish: licenciado
- Swedish: filosofie kandidat
- Thai: ตัวย่อของสายการบินบริติชแอร์เวย์
- Turkish: lisans derecesi edebiyat
- Ukrainian: бакалавр
- Vietnamese: Cử nhân Khoa học Xã hội
Definition of BA from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.