Definition of 'BA'
Trends of 'BA'
Used Occasionally. ba is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'BA'
British English: BA /biː eɪ/ ABBREVIATION
A BA is a first degree in an arts or social science subject. BA is an abbreviation for `Bachelor of Arts'.
I did a BA in film making.
- American English: BA
- Arabic: بَكَالُوريوس
- Brazilian Portuguese: bacharel em humanidades
- Chinese: 文学士
- Croatian: sveučilišni prvostupnik
- Czech: Bc.
- Danish: B.A.
- Dutch: BA
- European Spanish: licenciado
- Finnish: humanististen tieteiden kandidaatti
- French: licence
- German: BA
- Greek: Πτυχίο πανεπιστημίου
- Italian: laurea in discipline umanistiche
- Japanese: 文学士
- Korean: 문학사
- Norwegian: universitetsgrad
- Polish: licencjat w dziedzinie nauk humanistycznych
- European Portuguese: bacharel em humanidades
- Romanian: Licență în arte
- Russian: бакалавр гуманитарных наук
- Spanish: licenciado
- Swedish: filosofie kandidat
- Thai: ตัวย่อของสายการบินบริติชแอร์เวย์
- Turkish: lisans derecesi edebiyat
- Ukrainian: бакалавр
- Vietnamese: Cử nhân Khoa học Xã hội
Definition of BA from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.