Definition of 'backpacker'
Example sentences containing 'backpacker'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Little wonder it's the sort of book that you find at hostels favoured by backpackers. Times, Sunday Times (2016)Try Goa, which is cheap and full of young backpackers. Times, Sunday Times (2010)It takes me to South-East Asia on long bus journeys and to backpacker hostels. Times, Sunday Times (2007)Most western visitors are young backpackers, who have opened up swathes of all three countries since the 1990s. Times, Sunday Times (2016)
Trends of 'backpacker'
Used Occasionally. backpacker is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'backpacker'
British English: backpacker /ˈbækˌpækə/ NOUN
A backpacker is a person who goes travelling with a backpack.
- American English: backpacker
- Arabic: حَامِل حَقِيبَةُ الظَهْر
- Brazilian Portuguese: mochileiro
- Chinese: 背包客
- Croatian: turist s naprtnjačom
- Czech: turista
- Danish: rygsækrejsende
- Dutch: trekker met rugzak
- European Spanish: mochilero
- Finnish: reppuselkämatkailija
- French: randonneur
- German: Wanderer
- Greek: τουρίστας χαμηλού προϋπολογισμού
- Italian: escursionista
- Japanese: バックパッカー
- Korean: 배낭 여행자
- Norwegian: ryggsekkturist
- Polish: turysta wędrujący z plecakiem
- European Portuguese: viajante de mochila
- Romanian: persoană care călătorește cu rucsacul în spate
- Russian: пеший турист
- Spanish: mochilero
- Swedish: backpacker
- Thai: ผู้ใส่กระเป๋าสะพายหลัง
- Turkish: sırt çantasıyla dolaşan gezgin
- Ukrainian: піший турист
- Vietnamese: du khách ba lô
Definition of backpacker from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
Audrey Brow, Unicorn Farts & Space Grease: June’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this June with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.