Definition of 'backpacking'
Example sentences containing 'backpacking'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
But I'll certainly let you know before I go backpacking in Borneo. C B GREENFIELD - A LITTLE MADNESS (2002)It reminded me of the few times I'd seen her first thing in the morning, when we'd been backpacking and shared a tent. LOSING IT (2002)
Trends of 'backpacking'
Used Rarely. backpacking is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'backpacking'
British English: backpacking /ˈbækˌpækɪŋ/ NOUN
If you go backpacking, you go travelling with a backpack.
- American English: backpacking
- Arabic: حَمْل حَقِيبَة الظَهْر
- Brazilian Portuguese: passeio de mochilas
- Chinese: 背包自由行
- Croatian: putovanje s naprtnjačom
- Czech: trampování
- Danish: rejse med rygsæk
- Dutch: rondtrekken
- European Spanish: excursionismo con mochila
- Finnish: reppuselkämatkailu
- French: randonnée
- German: Wandern
- Greek: διακοπές χαμηλού προϋπολογισμού
- Italian: escursionismo
- Japanese: バックパッキング
- Korean: 배낭 여행
- Norwegian: reise som ryggsekkturist
- Polish: wędrówka z plecakiem
- European Portuguese: viagem de mochila às costas
- Romanian: călătorie cu rucsacul
- Russian: пеший туризм
- Spanish: excursionismo
- Swedish: backpacking
- Thai: การใส่กระเป๋าสะพายหลัง
- Turkish: sırt çantasıyla gezme
- Ukrainian: піший туризм
- Vietnamese: việc đi du lịch bằng ba lô
Definition of backpacking from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.