Definition of 'backpacking'
Example sentences containing 'backpacking'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'backpacking'
Used Rarely. backpacking is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'backpacking'
British English: backpacking /ˈbækˌpækɪŋ/ NOUN
If you go backpacking, you go travelling with a backpack.
- American English: backpacking
- Arabic: حَمْل حَقِيبَة الظَهْر
- Brazilian Portuguese: passeio de mochilas
- Chinese: 背包自由行
- Croatian: putovanje s naprtnjačom
- Czech: trampování
- Danish: rejse med rygsæk
- Dutch: rondtrekken
- European Spanish: excursionismo con mochila
- Finnish: reppuselkämatkailu
- French: randonnée
- German: Wandern
- Greek: διακοπές χαμηλού προϋπολογισμού
- Italian: escursionismo
- Japanese: バックパッキング
- Korean: 배낭 여행
- Norwegian: reise som ryggsekkturist
- Polish: wędrówka z plecakiem
- European Portuguese: viagem de mochila às costas
- Romanian: călătorie cu rucsacul
- Russian: пеший туризм
- Spanish: excursionismo
- Swedish: backpacking
- Thai: การใส่กระเป๋าสะพายหลัง
- Turkish: sırt çantasıyla gezme
- Ukrainian: піший туризм
- Vietnamese: việc đi du lịch bằng ba lô
Definition of backpacking from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.