Definition of 'baking powder'
Trends of 'baking powder'
Used Rarely. baking powder is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'baking powder'
British English: baking powder /ˈbeɪkɪŋ ˈpaʊdə/ NOUN
Baking powder is an ingredient used in cake making. It causes cakes to rise when they are in the oven.
- American English: baking powder
- Arabic: مَسْحُوق الـخَبِيز
- Brazilian Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Chinese: 发酵粉
- Croatian: prašak za pecivo
- Czech: prášek do pečiva
- Danish: bagepulver
- Dutch: bakpoeder
- European Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Finnish: leivinjauhe
- French: levure
- German: Backpulver
- Greek: μπέικιν πάουντερ
- Italian: lievito in polvere
- Japanese: ベーキングパウダー
- Korean: 베이킹 파우더
- Norwegian: bakepulver
- Polish: proszek do pieczenia
- European Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Romanian: praf de copt
- Russian: разрыхлитель
- Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Swedish: bakpulver
- Thai: ผงฟู
- Turkish: kabartma tozu
- Ukrainian: сода для випікання
- Vietnamese: bột nở
Definition of baking powder from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.