Definition of 'baking powder'
Trends of 'baking powder'
Used Rarely. baking powder is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'baking powder'
British English: baking powder /ˈbeɪkɪŋ ˈpaʊdə/ NOUN
Baking powder is an ingredient used in cake making. It causes cakes to rise when they are in the oven.
- American English: baking powder
- Arabic: مَسْحُوق الـخَبِيز
- Brazilian Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Chinese: 发酵粉
- Croatian: prašak za pecivo
- Czech: prášek do pečiva
- Danish: bagepulver
- Dutch: bakpoeder
- European Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Finnish: leivinjauhe
- French: levure
- German: Backpulver
- Greek: μπέικιν πάουντερ
- Italian: lievito in polvere
- Japanese: ベーキングパウダー
- Korean: 베이킹 파우더
- Norwegian: bakepulver
- Polish: proszek do pieczenia
- European Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Romanian: praf de copt
- Russian: разрыхлитель
- Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Swedish: bakpulver
- Thai: ผงฟู
- Turkish: kabartma tozu
- Ukrainian: сода для випікання
- Vietnamese: bột nở
Definition of baking powder from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
Audrey Brow, Unicorn Farts & Space Grease: June’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this June with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.