Definition of 'balance of power'
Example sentences containing 'balance of power'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'balance of power'
British English: balance of power NOUN
The balance of power is the way in which power is distributed between rival groups or countries.
...changes in the balance of power between the two countries.
- American English: balance of power
- Brazilian Portuguese: distribuição do poder
- Chinese: 权力平衡
- European Spanish: balanza de poder
- French: équilibre des forces
- German: Machtverhältnisse
- Italian: equilibrio di potere
- Japanese: 勢力の均衡
- Korean: 국가나 단체간의 권력 분립
- European Portuguese: equilíbrio do poder
- Spanish: equilibrio de poderes
Definition of balance of power from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.