Definition of 'beauty spot'
Example sentences containing 'beauty spot'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
He alighted upon one beauty spot and said he was going to walk to the bottom of it and wave back at us. Times, Sunday Times (2009)No more than a dozen runners in any public beauty spot at any one time - with numbers monitored by traffic police redirected from harassing lawful motorists. Times, Sunday Times (2006)
Translations for 'beauty spot'
British English: beauty spot /ˈbjuːtɪ spɒt/ NOUN
A beauty spot is a place in the country that is popular because of its beautiful scenery.
The valley is lush and fertile and is one of the country's finest beauty spots.
- American English: scenic area
- Arabic: بُقْعَة جَمِيلَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: lugar de beleza excepcional
- Chinese: 风景区
- Croatian: lijep kraj
- Czech: znaménko krásy
- Danish: skønhedsplet
- Dutch: mooi plekje
- European Spanish: lugar pintoresco
- Finnish: kauneuspilkku
- French: grain de beauté
- German: schönes Fleckchen Erde
- Greek: κέντρο αισθητικής
- Italian: luogo pittoresco
- Japanese: 景勝地
- Korean: 명승지
- Norwegian: skjønnhetsflekk
- Polish: piękne miejsce
- European Portuguese: lugar de beleza excecional
- Romanian: atracție turistică
- Russian: живописная местность
- Spanish: lunar
- Swedish: naturskön plats
- Thai: สถานที่สวยงาม
- Turkish: güzel manzaralı yer
- Ukrainian: мальовнича місцевість
- Vietnamese: thắng cảnh
Definition of beauty spot from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.