Definition of 'bed and breakfast'
Example sentences containing 'bed and breakfast'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It would be very much a bed and breakfast style, with little privacy. THE AMBASSADOR'S WOMEN (2003)Every failed farmer in the country seems to think he can open up a bed and breakfast. TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2003)Have to make your own arrangements, bed and breakfast, though. TANK OF SERPENTS (2003)
Translations for 'bed and breakfast'
British English: bed and breakfast /bɛd ənd ˈbrɛkfəst/ NOUN
Bed and breakfast is a system of accommodation in a hotel or guesthouse in which you pay for a room for the night and for breakfast the following morning. The abbreviation `B&B' is also used.
The price includes bed and breakfast.
- American English: bed and breakfast
- Arabic: مَبِيت وإِفْطار
- Brazilian Portuguese: pensão
- Chinese: 住宿加早餐
- Croatian: noćenje s doručkom
- Czech: penzion
- Danish: bed and breakfast
- Dutch: logies met ontbijt
- European Spanish: alojamiento y desayuno casa
- Finnish: huone ja aamiainen
- French: gîte
- German: Frühstückspension
- Greek: πανσιόν με διανυκτέρευση και πρωινό
- Italian: bed and breakfast
- Japanese: ベッド＆ブレックファースト
- Korean: 아침 제공 숙박
- Norwegian: overnatting med frokost
- Polish: nocleg ze śniadaniem
- European Portuguese: alojamento e pequeno-almoço
- Romanian: demipensiune
- Russian: ночлег с завтраком
- Spanish: pensión hostal
- Swedish: bed and breakfast
- Thai: ที่พักค้างแรมที่ให้อาหารเช้า ที่พักค้างแรมที่ให้อาหารเช้า
- Turkish: yatak ve kahvaltı
- Ukrainian: міні-готель
- Vietnamese: gói khách sạn/nhà trọ có gồm cả bữa sáng
Definition of bed and breakfast from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.