Definition of 'bed and breakfast'
Example sentences containing 'bed and breakfast'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It would be very much a bed and breakfast style, with little privacy. THE AMBASSADOR'S WOMEN (2003)Every failed farmer in the country seems to think he can open up a bed and breakfast. TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2003)Have to make your own arrangements, bed and breakfast, though. TANK OF SERPENTS (2003)
They stopped that night at a little bed-and-breakfast inn in a town not fifty miles from the Minnesota state line. JANAKY AND THE GIANT (1993)
Translations for 'bed and breakfast'
British English: bed and breakfast /bɛd ənd ˈbrɛkfəst/ NOUN
Bed and breakfast is a system of accommodation in a hotel or guesthouse in which you pay for a room for the night and for breakfast the following morning. The abbreviation `B&B' is also used.
The price includes bed and breakfast.
- American English: bed and breakfast
- Arabic: مَبِيت وإِفْطار
- Brazilian Portuguese: pensão
- Chinese: 住宿加早餐
- Croatian: noćenje s doručkom
- Czech: penzion
- Danish: bed and breakfast
- Dutch: logies met ontbijt
- European Spanish: alojamiento y desayuno casa
- Finnish: huone ja aamiainen
- French: gîte
- German: Frühstückspension
- Greek: πανσιόν με διανυκτέρευση και πρωινό
- Italian: bed and breakfast
- Japanese: ベッド＆ブレックファースト
- Korean: 아침 제공 숙박
- Norwegian: overnatting med frokost
- Polish: nocleg ze śniadaniem
- European Portuguese: alojamento e pequeno-almoço
- Romanian: demipensiune
- Russian: ночлег с завтраком
- Spanish: pensión hostal
- Swedish: bed and breakfast
- Thai: ที่พักค้างแรมที่ให้อาหารเช้า ที่พักค้างแรมที่ให้อาหารเช้า
- Turkish: yatak ve kahvaltı
- Ukrainian: міні-готель
- Vietnamese: gói khách sạn/nhà trọ có gồm cả bữa sáng
Definition of bed and breakfast from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.