Definition of 'betting shop'
Example sentences containing 'betting shop'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The centre was little more than a soulless shopping complex; butchers, newsagents, betting shop, a Kwik Save supermarket. A NASTY DOSE OF DEATH`You don't know what the blokes in the betting shop are like. IN REAL LIFEShe thought of the weekend computer course that her mum had wanted to go on just before she'd stopped working in the betting shop. IN REAL LIFE
Trends of 'betting shop'
Used Rarely. betting shop is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'betting shop'
British English: betting shop /ˈbɛtɪŋ ʃɒp/ NOUN
A betting shop is a place where people can go to bet on something such as a horse race.
- American English: betting shop
- Arabic: مَكْتَبُ الـمُراهَنَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: casa de apostas
- Chinese: 彩票销售店
- Croatian: kladionica
- Czech: sázková kancelář
- Danish: bookmaker
- Dutch: bookmaker
- European Spanish: casa de apuestas
- Finnish: vedonlyöntitoimisto
- French: PMU
- German: Wettbüro
- Greek: πρακτορείο στοιχημάτων
- Italian: agenzia di scommesse
- Japanese: 賭け屋
- Korean: 사설 마권 판매장
- Norwegian: bookmaker
- Polish: punkt przyjmowania zakładów
- European Portuguese: casa de apostas
- Romanian: casă de pariuri
- Russian: букмекерская контора
- Spanish: casa de apuestas
- Swedish: vadslagningsbutik
- Thai: ร้านรับพนัน
- Turkish: bahis bayii
- Ukrainian: букмекерська контора
- Vietnamese: cửa hàng cá cược
Definition of betting shop from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.