Definition of 'bicarbonate of soda'
Translations for 'bicarbonate of soda'
British English: bicarbonate of soda /baɪˈkɑːbənət əv ˈsəʊdə/ NOUN
Bicarbonate of soda is a white powder which is used in baking to make cakes rise, and also as a medicine for your stomach.
- American English: bicarbonate of soda
- Arabic: ثانِي كَرْبُونات الصودا
- Brazilian Portuguese: bicarbonato de soda
- Chinese: 小苏打
- Croatian: soda bikarbona
- Czech: jedlá soda
- Danish: tvekulsurt natron
- Dutch: zuiveringszout
- European Spanish: bicabornato de sosa
- Finnish: ruokasooda
- French: bicarbonate de soude
- German: Natriumbikarbonat
- Greek: διττανθρακικό νάτριο
- Italian: bicarbonato di sodio
- Japanese: 重炭酸ソーダ
- Korean: 중탄산소다
- Norwegian: natron
- Polish: soda oczyszczona
- European Portuguese: bicarbonato de soda
- Romanian: bicarbonat de sodiu
- Russian: пищевая сода
- Spanish: bicabornato de soda
- Swedish: bikarbonat
- Thai: สารโซเดียมไบคาร์บอเนต
- Turkish: karbonat
- Ukrainian: харчова сода
- Vietnamese: natri bicacbonat
Definition of bicarbonate of soda from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.