Definition of 'bifocals'
Example sentences containing 'bifocals'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
George peered thoughtfully at her through his bifocals. THE LONELY SEA (2002)He scratched the end of his nose and blinked behind his bifocals. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)The man lifted his thick bifocals over his thinning hair and leaned back in his chair, the frame groaning under his weight. CORMORANT (2002)
What little control he had over his eyes was lost, and the irises hopped madly behind his thick bifocals. OUTCAST (2002)
Trends of 'bifocals'
Used Rarely. bifocals is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bifocals'
British English: bifocals /baɪˈfəʊklz/ NOUN
Bifocals are glasses with lenses made in two halves. The top part is for looking at things some distance away, and the bottom part is for reading and looking at things that are close.
- American English: bifocals
- Arabic: نَظّارَة ثُنَائِيَّة البُؤْرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: óculos bifocais
- Chinese: 双焦眼镜
- Croatian: bifokalne naočale
- Czech: bifokální brýle
- Danish: bifokale briller
- Dutch: dubbelfocusbril
- European Spanish: gafas bifocales
- Finnish: kaksitehosilmälasit
- French: lunettes à double foyer
- German: Bifokalbrille
- Greek: διπλοεστιακά γυαλιά
- Italian: occhiali bifocali
- Japanese: 遠近両用メガネ
- Korean: 이중 초점 안경
- Norwegian: bifokale briller
- Polish: okulary dwuogniskowe
- European Portuguese: óculos bifocais
- Romanian: lentile bifocale
- Russian: бифокальные очки
- Spanish: gafas bifocales
- Swedish: dubbelslipade glasögon
- Thai: แว่นสองเลนส์
- Turkish: çift odaklı gözlük
- Ukrainian: біфокальні окуляри
- Vietnamese: kính hai tròng
Definition of bifocals from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.