Definition of 'bifocals'
Example sentences containing 'bifocals'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
George peered thoughtfully at her through his bifocals. THE LONELY SEA (2002)He scratched the end of his nose and blinked behind his bifocals. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)The man lifted his thick bifocals over his thinning hair and leaned back in his chair, the frame groaning under his weight. CORMORANT (2002)
What little control he had over his eyes was lost, and the irises hopped madly behind his thick bifocals. OUTCAST (2002)
Trends of 'bifocals'
Used Rarely. bifocals is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bifocals'
British English: bifocals /baɪˈfəʊklz/ NOUN
Bifocals are glasses with lenses made in two halves. The top part is for looking at things some distance away, and the bottom part is for reading and looking at things that are close.
- American English: bifocals
- Arabic: نَظّارَة ثُنَائِيَّة البُؤْرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: óculos bifocais
- Chinese: 双焦眼镜
- Croatian: bifokalne naočale
- Czech: bifokální brýle
- Danish: bifokale briller
- Dutch: dubbelfocusbril
- European Spanish: gafas bifocales
- Finnish: kaksitehosilmälasit
- French: lunettes à double foyer
- German: Bifokalbrille
- Greek: διπλοεστιακά γυαλιά
- Italian: occhiali bifocali
- Japanese: 遠近両用メガネ
- Korean: 이중 초점 안경
- Norwegian: bifokale briller
- Polish: okulary dwuogniskowe
- European Portuguese: óculos bifocais
- Romanian: lentile bifocale
- Russian: бифокальные очки
- Spanish: gafas bifocales
- Swedish: dubbelslipade glasögon
- Thai: แว่นสองเลนส์
- Turkish: çift odaklı gözlük
- Ukrainian: біфокальні окуляри
- Vietnamese: kính hai tròng
Definition of bifocals from the Collins English Dictionary