Definition of 'binge drinking'
Trends of 'binge drinking'
Used Rarely. binge drinking is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'binge drinking'
British English: binge drinking /bɪndʒ ˈdrɪŋkɪŋ/ NOUN
Binge drinking is the consumption of large amounts of alcohol within a short period of time.
...a disturbing rise in binge drinking among young people.
- American English: binge drinking
- Arabic: الإفْراط في تَنَاوُل الشَرَاب
- Brazilian Portuguese: consumo excessivo de bebida alcoólica
- Chinese: 狂饮
- Croatian: pijanka
- Czech: flámování
- Danish: svir
- Dutch: zuippartij
- European Spanish: consumo excesivo de alcohol
- Finnish: humalahakuinen juominen
- French: beuverie
- German: Rauschtrinken
- Greek: κραιπάλη
- Italian: grande bevuta
- Japanese: 飲み騒ぐこと
- Korean: 폭음
- Norwegian: rangel
- Polish: upijanie się
- European Portuguese: consumo excessivo de bebida alcoólica
- Romanian: beție
- Russian: пьянство
- Spanish: consumo excesivo de alcohol
- Swedish: intensivkonsumtion av alkohol
- Thai: การดื่มเหล้ามากเกินไป
- Turkish: ölçüsüz içme
- Ukrainian: пияцтво
- Vietnamese: cuộc chè chén say sưa
Definition of binge drinking from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.