Definition of 'birth certificate'
Example sentences containing 'birth certificate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It seems to be some sort of crude birth certificate: `Anna Esther... Born 8 February 1941, Warsaw, Poland. SEA MUSIC (2003)`The envelope with my birth certificate had that name on the front, Rudi. SEA MUSIC (2003)Anna born again, with a crisp new English birth certificate, not difficult to obtain in those chaotic post-war years. SEA MUSIC (2003)
Trends of 'birth certificate'
Used Occasionally. birth certificate is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'birth certificate'
British English: birth certificate /bɜːθ səˈtɪfɪkɪt/ NOUN
Your birth certificate is an official document which gives details of your birth, such as the date and place of your birth, and the names of your parents.
- American English: birth certificate
- Arabic: شَهَادَة مِيلاد
- Brazilian Portuguese: certidão de nascimento
- Chinese: 出生证
- Croatian: rodni list
- Czech: rodný list
- Danish: fødselsattest
- Dutch: geboortebewijs
- European Spanish: certificado de nacimiento
- Finnish: syntymätodistus
- French: certificat de naissance
- German: Geburtsurkunde
- Greek: πιστοποιητικό γέννησης
- Italian: certificato di nascita
- Japanese: 出生証明書
- Korean: 출생 증명서
- Norwegian: fødselsattest
- Polish: metryka urodzenia
- European Portuguese: certidão de nascimento
- Romanian: certificat de naștere
- Russian: свидетельство о рождении
- Spanish: certificado de nacimiento
- Swedish: födelseattest
- Thai: ใบเกิด
- Turkish: doğum belgesi
- Ukrainian: свідоцтво про народження
- Vietnamese: giấy khai sinh
Definition of birth certificate from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.