Definition of 'birth control'
Trends of 'birth control'
Used Occasionally. birth control is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'birth control'
British English: birth control /bɜːθ kənˈtrəʊl/ NOUN
Birth control means planning whether to have children and using contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
...today's methods of birth control.
- American English: birth control
- Arabic: تَنْظِيم النَّسْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: controle de natalidade
- Chinese: 节育
- Croatian: kontracepcija
- Czech: antikoncepce
- Danish: prævention
- Dutch: anticonceptie
- European Spanish: control de la natalidad
- Finnish: ehkäisy
- French: contraception
- German: Geburtenregelung
- Greek: έλεγχος γεννήσεων
- Italian: controllo delle nascite
- Japanese: 避妊
- Korean: 산아 제한
- Norwegian: prevensjon
- Polish: kontrola urodzeń
- European Portuguese: controlo da natalidade
- Romanian: măsuri anticoncepționale
- Russian: регулирование рождаемости
- Spanish: control de la natalidad
- Swedish: födelsekontroll
- Thai: การคุมกำเนิด
- Turkish: doğum kontrolü
- Ukrainian: регулювання народжуваності
- Vietnamese: việc sinh đẻ có kế hoạch
Definition of birth control from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.