Definition of 'blood transfusion'
Example sentences containing 'blood transfusion'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
A soldier had just been brought in with a gaping stomach wound and he needed an immediate blood transfusion. THE WHITE DOVE (2002)`You don't have the equipment for a blood transfusion in there, do you? JUST BETWEEN US (2002)35 All the rest of that evening something warm and strong flowed into me, like having a blood transfusion. GO! (2002)
Translations for 'blood transfusion'
British English: blood transfusion /blʌd ˌtrænsˈfjuːʒən/ NOUN
A blood transfusion is a process in which blood is injected into the body of a person who is badly injured or ill.
- American English: blood transfusion
- Arabic: نَقْلُ الدَّم
- Brazilian Portuguese: transfusão de sangue
- Chinese: 输血
- Croatian: transfuzija
- Czech: transfuze krve
- Danish: blodtransfusion
- Dutch: bloedtransfusie
- European Spanish: transfusión de sangre
- Finnish: verensiirto
- French: transfusion sanguine
- German: Bluttransfusion
- Greek: μετάγγιση αίματος
- Italian: trasfusione di sangue
- Japanese: 輸血
- Korean: 수혈
- Norwegian: blodoverføring
- Polish: przetoczenie krwi
- European Portuguese: transfusão de sangue
- Romanian: transfuzie de sânge
- Russian: переливание крови
- Spanish: transfusión de sangre
- Swedish: blodtransfusion
- Thai: การถ่ายเลือด
- Turkish: kan nakli
- Ukrainian: переливання крові
- Vietnamese: truyền máu
Definition of blood transfusion from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.