Definition of 'boarding pass'
Translations for 'boarding pass'
British English: boarding pass /ˈbɔːdɪŋ pɑːs/ NOUN
A boarding pass is a card that a passenger must have when boarding a plane or a boat.
- American English: boarding pass
- Arabic: تَصْرِيح الرُكُوب
- Brazilian Portuguese: cartão de embarque
- Chinese: 登机证
- Croatian: ukrcajna propusnica
- Czech: palubní lístek
- Danish: boardingpas
- Dutch: instapkaart
- European Spanish: tarjeta de embarque
- Finnish: tarkistuskortti
- French: carte d’embarquement
- German: Bordkarte
- Greek: πάσο επιβίβασης
- Italian: carta d’imbarco
- Japanese: 搭乗券
- Korean: 탑승권
- Norwegian: ombordstigningskort
- Polish: karta wstępu na pokład
- European Portuguese: cartão de embarque
- Romanian: carte de îmbarcare
- Russian: посадочный талон
- Spanish: tarjeta de embarque
- Swedish: boardingkort
- Thai: บัตรผ่านขึ้นเครื่องบิน
- Turkish: biniş kartı
- Ukrainian: посадковий талон
- Vietnamese: thẻ lên tàu/máy bay
Definition of boarding pass from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.