Definition of 'boarding pass'
Translations for 'boarding pass'
British English: boarding pass /ˈbɔːdɪŋ pɑːs/ NOUN
A boarding pass is a card that a passenger must have when boarding a plane or a boat.
- American English: boarding pass
- Arabic: تَصْرِيح الرُكُوب
- Brazilian Portuguese: cartão de embarque
- Chinese: 登机证
- Croatian: ukrcajna propusnica
- Czech: palubní lístek
- Danish: boardingpas
- Dutch: instapkaart
- European Spanish: tarjeta de embarque
- Finnish: tarkistuskortti
- French: carte d’embarquement
- German: Bordkarte
- Greek: πάσο επιβίβασης
- Italian: carta d’imbarco
- Japanese: 搭乗券
- Korean: 탑승권
- Norwegian: ombordstigningskort
- Polish: karta wstępu na pokład
- European Portuguese: cartão de embarque
- Romanian: carte de îmbarcare
- Russian: посадочный талон
- Spanish: tarjeta de embarque
- Swedish: boardingkort
- Thai: บัตรผ่านขึ้นเครื่องบิน
- Turkish: biniş kartı
- Ukrainian: посадковий талон
- Vietnamese: thẻ lên tàu/máy bay
Definition of boarding pass from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.