Definition of 'boat people'
Trends of 'boat people'
Used Rarely. boat people is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'boat people'
British English: boat people NOUN
Boat people are people who escape from their country in small boats to travel to another country in the hope that they will be able to live there.
They fled the country as boat people.
- American English: boat people
- Brazilian Portuguese: refugiados que fogem a barco
- Chinese: 坐小船逃出国的难民
- European Spanish: balseros
- French: boat people
- German: Bootsflüchtlinge
- Italian: migranti su imbarcazioni di fortuna
- Japanese: ボート難民
- Korean: 다른 나라로 망명하기 위해 작은 보트를 타고 자기 나라를 탈출하는 사람
- European Portuguese: refugiados que fogem de barco
- Spanish: balseros
Definition of boat people from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.