Definition of 'bottle bank'
Example sentences containing 'bottle bank'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
By the bottle bank, she met Sam Noble, who was calling by the surgery to collect a prescription from Dr Rhys. MR GOLIGHTLY'S HOLIDAY (2003)I put it in the bottle bank on the way home before I could think, ensuring that it was impossible to retrieve. THE CALLIGRAPHER (2003)
Trends of 'bottle bank'
Used Rarely. bottle bank is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bottle bank'
British English: bottle bank /ˈbɒtl bæŋk/ NOUN
A bottle bank is a large container into which people can put empty bottles so that the glass can be used again.
- American English: glass recycling container
- Arabic: مُسْتَوْدَع الزُجاجات
- Brazilian Portuguese: recipiente para coleta seletiva de vidros
- Chinese: 玻璃瓶回收站
- Croatian: spremište boca
- Czech: kontejner na láhve
- Danish: glascontainer
- Dutch: glasbak
- European Spanish: contenedor de recogida de vidrio
- Finnish: lasinkeräyspiste
- French: conteneur de verre
- German: Glascontainer
- Greek: κάδος για ανακύκλωση μπουκαλιών
- Italian: contenitore per la raccolta del vetro
- Japanese: 空き瓶回収ボックス
- Korean: 빈 병 수거함
- Norwegian: glassiglo
- Polish: pojemnik na szkło
- European Portuguese: vidrão
- Romanian: container de reciclare pentru sticlă
- Russian: контейнер для сбора стеклотары
- Spanish: contenedor de recogida de vidrio
- Swedish: glasinsamling
- Thai: ที่ที่เก็บขวดเปล่า
- Turkish: şişe geri dönüşüm kutusu
- Ukrainian: контейнер для збору склотари
- Vietnamese: thùng chứa vỏ chai tái chế
Definition of bottle bank from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.