Definition of 'bottle bank'
Example sentences containing 'bottle bank'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
By the bottle bank, she met Sam Noble, who was calling by the surgery to collect a prescription from Dr Rhys. MR GOLIGHTLY'S HOLIDAY (2003)I put it in the bottle bank on the way home before I could think, ensuring that it was impossible to retrieve. THE CALLIGRAPHER (2003)
Trends of 'bottle bank'
Used Rarely. bottle bank is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bottle bank'
British English: bottle bank /ˈbɒtl bæŋk/ NOUN
A bottle bank is a large container into which people can put empty bottles so that the glass can be used again.
- American English: glass recycling container
- Arabic: مُسْتَوْدَع الزُجاجات
- Brazilian Portuguese: recipiente para coleta seletiva de vidros
- Chinese: 玻璃瓶回收站
- Croatian: spremište boca
- Czech: kontejner na láhve
- Danish: glascontainer
- Dutch: glasbak
- European Spanish: contenedor de recogida de vidrio
- Finnish: lasinkeräyspiste
- French: conteneur de verre
- German: Glascontainer
- Greek: κάδος για ανακύκλωση μπουκαλιών
- Italian: contenitore per la raccolta del vetro
- Japanese: 空き瓶回収ボックス
- Korean: 빈 병 수거함
- Norwegian: glassiglo
- Polish: pojemnik na szkło
- European Portuguese: vidrão
- Romanian: container de reciclare pentru sticlă
- Russian: контейнер для сбора стеклотары
- Spanish: contenedor de recogida de vidrio
- Swedish: glasinsamling
- Thai: ที่ที่เก็บขวดเปล่า
- Turkish: şişe geri dönüşüm kutusu
- Ukrainian: контейнер для збору склотари
- Vietnamese: thùng chứa vỏ chai tái chế
Definition of bottle bank from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.