Definition of 'brass band'
Trends of 'brass band'
Used Occasionally. brass band is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'brass band'
British English: brass band /brɑːs bænd/ NOUN
A brass band is a band that is made up of brass and percussion instruments.
- American English: brass band
- Arabic: فِرْقَة الآلات النُحاسِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: charanga
- Chinese: 铜管乐队
- Croatian: limena glazba
- Czech: dechovka
- Danish: hornorkester
- Dutch: fanfarekorps
- European Spanish: banda de música
- Finnish: torvisoittokunta
- French: fanfare
- German: Blaskapelle
- Greek: ορχήστρα χάλκινων οργάνων
- Italian: banda di ottoni
- Japanese: ブラスバンド
- Korean: 관악대
- Norwegian: hornorkester
- Polish: orkiestra dęta
- European Portuguese: charanga
- Romanian: fanfară
- Russian: духовой оркестр
- Spanish: banda de música
- Swedish: blåsorkester
- Thai: วงดนตรีเครื่องเป่า
- Turkish: bando takımı
- Ukrainian: духовий оркестр
- Vietnamese: ban nhạc dùng nhạc khí bằng đồng và bộ gõ
Definition of brass band from the Collins English Dictionary
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.