Definition of 'bugged'
Example sentences containing 'bugged'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It bugged him that she chose to include him with her in the ranks of the elderly. AMAGANSETT (2004)Well... And anyway, you said they might have bugged the place. THE SCAR (2004)I thought it was a gag at first... and then I found out my phone was bugged. A SONG AT TWILIGHT (2004)
Trends of 'bugged'
Used Occasionally. bugged is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bugged'
British English: bugged /ˈbʌɡd/ ADJECTIVE
If a place or a telephone is bugged, tiny microphones have been hidden in it which transmit what people are saying.
- American English: bugged
- Arabic: مُراقَب بِجِهاز سِرِّيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: grampeado telefone grampeado
- Chinese: 被窃听
- Croatian: prisluškivan
- Czech: odposlouchávaný
- Danish: aflyttet
- Dutch: voorzien van afluisterapparatuur
- European Spanish: con micrófonos ocultos
- Finnish: jonne on asetettu salakuuntelulaite
- French: sur écoute
- German: verwanzt
- Greek: παγιδευμένος με κρυφό μικρόφωνο
- Italian: spiato
- Japanese: いらいらした
- Korean: 도청장치가 된
- Norwegian: avlyttet
- Polish: na podsłuchu
- European Portuguese: sob escuta telefone sob escuta
- Romanian: interceptat
- Russian: прослушиваемый потайным микрофоном
- Spanish: con micrófonos ocultos
- Swedish: avlyssnad
- Thai: ดักฟัง
- Turkish: gizli dinleme cihazı yerleştirilmiş
- Ukrainian: обладнаний підслуховуючим пристроєм
- Vietnamese: bị đặt máy ghi âm nghe trộm
Definition of bugged from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.