Definition of 'bunion'
Trends of 'bunion'
Used Rarely. bunion is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'bunion'
British English: bunion /ˈbʌnjən/ NOUN
A bunion is a large painful lump on the first joint of a person's big toe.
- American English: bunion
- Arabic: وَرَم إِبْهام القَدَم
- Brazilian Portuguese: joanete
- Chinese: 拇囊炎
- Croatian: oteklina
- Czech: kuří oko
- Danish: knyst
- Dutch: eeltknobbel
- European Spanish: juanete
- Finnish: vaivaisenluu
- French: oignon pieds
- German: entzündeter Fußballen
- Greek: κάλος
- Italian: callo
- Japanese: バニオン
- Korean: 건막류
- Norwegian: liktorn
- Polish: haluks
- European Portuguese: joanete
- Romanian: mont
- Russian: бурсит большого пальца стопы
- Spanish: juanete
- Swedish: knöl på stortån
- Thai: ตาปลาบนเท้า
- Turkish: yangılı ayak şişi
- Ukrainian: бурсит великого пальця стопи
- Vietnamese: nốt viêm tấy ở kẽ ngón chân cái
Definition of bunion from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.