Definition of 'burglar alarm'
Example sentences containing 'burglar alarm'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Tonight: the burglar alarm goes off. Times, Sunday Times (2007)Apparently, the burglar alarm had gone off. Times, Sunday Times (2009)Arriving home, we found the burglar alarm had gone off at midnight the previous night for no apparent reason. Times, Sunday Times (2008)Imagine arriving home after a fortnight's holiday in the sun to find a deluge of mail and your burglar alarm going off. Times, Sunday Times (2010)We were woken up on Sunday by a noise that sounded like the burglar alarm, only slightly louder. The Sun (2011)
Trends of 'burglar alarm'
Used Rarely. burglar alarm is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'burglar alarm'
British English: burglar alarm /ˈbɜːɡlə əˈlɑːm/ NOUN
A burglar alarm is an electric device that makes a bell ring loudly if someone tries to enter a building by force.
- American English: burglar alarm
- Arabic: إنْذار السَرِقَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: alarme contra roubo
- Chinese: 防盗自动警铃
- Croatian: protuprovalni alarm
- Czech: alarm poplašné zařízení proti vloupání
- Danish: tyverialarm
- Dutch: inbraakalarm
- European Spanish: alarma antirrobo
- Finnish: varashälytin
- French: alarme antivol
- German: Alarmanlage
- Greek: αντικλεπτικός συναγερμός
- Italian: allarme antifurto
- Japanese: 盗難警報機
- Korean: 도난 경보기
- Norwegian: tyverialarm
- Polish: alarm przeciwwłamaniowy
- European Portuguese: alarme contra roubo
- Romanian: alarmă anti-efracție
- Russian: охранная сигнализация
- Spanish: alarma antirrobo
- Swedish: inbrottslarm
- Thai: เครื่องกันขโมย
- Turkish: hırsız alarmı
- Ukrainian: сигналізація
- Vietnamese: chuông báo trộm
Definition of burglar alarm from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.