Definition of 'busker'
Image of 'busker'
© Juan Nel, shutterstock
Trends of 'busker'
Used Rarely. busker is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'busker'
British English: busker /ˈbʌskə/ NOUN
A busker is a person who sings or plays music for money in streets and other public places.
He earned a living as a busker.
- American English: street musician
- Arabic: فَنّان مُتَسَوِّل
- Brazilian Portuguese: artista de rua
- Chinese: 街头卖艺人
- Croatian: ulični zabavljač
- Czech: pouliční muzikant
- Danish: gademusikant
- Dutch: straatmuzikant
- European Spanish: músico callejero
- Finnish: katusoittaja
- French: musicien ambulant
- German: Straßenmusikant
- Greek: πλανόδιος διασκεδαστής
- Italian: cantante di strada
- Japanese: 大道芸人
- Korean: 노상 연예인
- Norwegian: gatemusikant
- Polish: grajek uliczny
- European Portuguese: artista de rua
- Romanian: cântăreț ambulant
- Russian: уличный музыкант
- Spanish: músico callejero
- Swedish: gatumusikant
- Thai: นักร้องรำทำกินเร่ตามถนน
- Turkish: sokak çalgıcısı
- Ukrainian: вуличний музикант
- Vietnamese: người hát rong
Definition of busker from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.