Definition of 'cable television'
Translations for 'cable television'
British English: cable television /ˈkeɪbl ˈtɛlɪˌvɪʒn/ NOUN
Cable television is a television system in which signals are sent along wires rather than by radio waves.
- American English: cable television
- Arabic: تِلِفِزْيُونُ الكَبْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão a cabo
- Chinese: 有线电视
- Croatian: kablovska televizija
- Czech: kabelová televize
- Danish: kabel-tv
- Dutch: kabeltelevisie
- European Spanish: televisión por cable
- Finnish: kaapelitelevisio
- French: télévision par câble
- German: Kabelfernsehen
- Greek: καλωδιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione via cavo
- Japanese: ケーブルテレビ
- Korean: 유선 텔레비전
- Norwegian: kabel-tv
- Polish: telewizja kablowa
- European Portuguese: televisão por cabo
- Romanian: televiziune prin cablu
- Russian: кабельное телевидение
- Spanish: televisión por cable
- Swedish: kabel-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ที่รับระบบการส่งสัญญาณด้วยสายเคเบิล
- Turkish: kablolu yayın
- Ukrainian: кабельне телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình cáp
Definition of cable television from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.