Definition of 'cable television'
Translations for 'cable television'
British English: cable television /ˈkeɪbl ˈtɛlɪˌvɪʒn/ NOUN
Cable television is a television system in which signals are sent along wires rather than by radio waves.
- American English: cable television
- Arabic: تِلِفِزْيُونُ الكَبْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão a cabo
- Chinese: 有线电视
- Croatian: kablovska televizija
- Czech: kabelová televize
- Danish: kabel-tv
- Dutch: kabeltelevisie
- European Spanish: televisión por cable
- Finnish: kaapelitelevisio
- French: télévision par câble
- German: Kabelfernsehen
- Greek: καλωδιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione via cavo
- Japanese: ケーブルテレビ
- Korean: 유선 텔레비전
- Norwegian: kabel-tv
- Polish: telewizja kablowa
- European Portuguese: televisão por cabo
- Romanian: televiziune prin cablu
- Russian: кабельное телевидение
- Spanish: televisión por cable
- Swedish: kabel-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ที่รับระบบการส่งสัญญาณด้วยสายเคเบิล
- Turkish: kablolu yayın
- Ukrainian: кабельне телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình cáp
Definition of cable television from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.