Definition of 'call back'
Translations for 'call back'
British English: call back /kɔːl bæk/ VERB
If you call someone back, you telephone them again or in return for a telephone call that they have made to you earlier.
OK, I'll call you back around three o'clock.
- American English: call back
- Arabic: يُعَاوِدُ الاِتِّصَال
- Brazilian Portuguese: telefonar de volta
- Chinese: 打回电
- Croatian: uzvratiti poziv
- Czech: zavolat zpět
- Danish: ringe tilbage
- Dutch: terugbellen
- European Spanish: volver a llamar
- Finnish: soittaa uudelleen
- French: rappeler téléphone
- German: zurückrufen
- Greek: επιστρέφω κλήση
- Italian: richiamare
- Japanese: 電話しなおす
- Korean: 다시 전화하다
- Norwegian: ringe tilbake
- Polish: oddzwonić
- European Portuguese: telefonar de volta
- Romanian: a suna înapoiapelul
- Russian: перезвонить
- Spanish: devolver la llamada
- Swedish: ringa tillbaka
- Thai: โทรกลับ
- Turkish: geri aramak
- Ukrainian: передзвонювати
- Vietnamese: gọi lại
Definition of call back from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.