Definition of 'call back'
Translations for 'call back'
British English: call back /kɔːl bæk/ VERB
If you call someone back, you telephone them again or in return for a telephone call that they have made to you earlier.
OK, I'll call you back around three o'clock.
- American English: call back
- Arabic: يُعَاوِدُ الاِتِّصَال
- Brazilian Portuguese: telefonar de volta
- Chinese: 打回电
- Croatian: uzvratiti poziv
- Czech: zavolat zpět
- Danish: ringe tilbage
- Dutch: terugbellen
- European Spanish: volver a llamar
- Finnish: soittaa uudelleen
- French: rappeler téléphone
- German: zurückrufen
- Greek: επιστρέφω κλήση
- Italian: richiamare
- Japanese: 電話しなおす
- Korean: 다시 전화하다
- Norwegian: ringe tilbake
- Polish: oddzwonić
- European Portuguese: telefonar de volta
- Romanian: a suna înapoiapelul
- Russian: перезвонить
- Spanish: devolver la llamada
- Swedish: ringa tillbaka
- Thai: โทรกลับ
- Turkish: geri aramak
- Ukrainian: передзвонювати
- Vietnamese: gọi lại
Definition of call back from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.