Definition of 'call box'
Trends of 'call box'
Used Rarely. call box is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'call box'
British English: call box /kɔːl bɒks/ NOUN
A call box is a small shelter in the street in which there is a public telephone.
- American English: phone booth
- Arabic: كُشْكُ التِلِيفُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: cabina telefônica
- Chinese: 公共电话亭
- Croatian: telefonska govornica
- Czech: telefonní budka
- Danish: telefonboks
- Dutch: telefooncel
- European Spanish: cabina telefónica
- Finnish: puhelinkoppi
- French: cabine téléphonique
- German: Telefonzelle
- Greek: τηλεφωνικός θάλαμος
- Italian: cabina telefonica
- Japanese: 公衆電話ボックス
- Korean: 공중 전화 박스
- Norwegian: telefonboks
- Polish: budka telefoniczna
- European Portuguese: cabina telefónica
- Romanian: cabină telefonică
- Russian: телефонная будка
- Spanish: cabina telefónica
- Swedish: telefonkiosk
- Thai: ตู้โทรศัพท์
- Turkish: telefon kulübesi
- Ukrainian: телефонна будка
- Vietnamese: buồng điện thoại
Definition of call box from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.