Definition of 'can opener'
Translations for 'can opener'
British English: can opener /kæn ˈəʊpənə/ NOUN
A can opener is a tool that is used for opening cans of food.
- American English: can opener
- Arabic: فَتَّاحَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: abridor de lata
- Chinese: 开罐器
- Croatian: otvarač limenki
- Czech: otvírák na konzervy
- Danish: dåseåbner
- Dutch: blikopener
- European Spanish: abrelatas
- Finnish: purkinavaaja
- French: ouvre-boîte
- German: Dosenöffner
- Greek: ανοιχτήρι για κονσέρβες
- Italian: apriscatole
- Japanese: 缶切り
- Korean: 깡통따개
- Norwegian: boksåpner
- Polish: otwieracz do konserw
- European Portuguese: abre-latas
- Romanian: desfăcător de conserve
- Russian: консервный нож
- Spanish: abrelatas
- Swedish: burköppnare
- Thai: ที่เปิดกระป๋อง
- Turkish: kutu açacağı
- Ukrainian: консервний ключ
- Vietnamese: đồ khui
Definition of can opener from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.