Definition of 'car-ferry'
Trends of 'car-ferry'
Used Rarely. car-ferry is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'car-ferry'
British English: car ferry /kɑː ˈfɛrɪ/ NOUN
A car ferry is a boat that transports vehicles and passengers, usually across rivers or short stretches of sea.
- American English: car ferry
- Arabic: مُعَدِّيَةٌ للسَّيَّارات
- Brazilian Portuguese: balsa
- Chinese: 车辆渡船
- Croatian: trajekt
- Czech: trajekt pro přepravu automobilů
- Danish: bilfærge
- Dutch: autoveerboot
- European Spanish: ferry con bodega para coches
- Finnish: autolautta
- French: car-ferry
- German: Autofähre
- Greek: φέρι μποτ
- Italian: traghetto per automobili
- Japanese: カーフェリー
- Korean: 카페리
- Norwegian: bilferge
- Polish: prom samochodowy
- European Portuguese: ferry
- Romanian: bac
- Russian: автопаром
- Spanish: ferry con bodega para vehículos
- Swedish: bilfärja
- Thai: เรือเฟอรี่บรรทุกรถต่างๆ
- Turkish: arabalı feribot
- Ukrainian: автомобільний паром
- Vietnamese: phà chở xe
Definition of car-ferry from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.