Definition of 'car insurance'
Trends of 'car insurance'
Used Rarely. car insurance is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'car insurance'
British English: car insurance /kɑː ɪnˈʃʊərəns/ NOUN
Car insurance is an arrangement in which you pay money to a company, and they pay money to you if you have an accident in your car or if your car is stolen.
- American English: car insurance
- Arabic: تَأْمِيـنُ السَّيَّارة
- Brazilian Portuguese: seguro de carro
- Chinese: 车保险
- Croatian: automobilsko osiguranje
- Czech: pojištění vozidla
- Danish: bilforsikring
- Dutch: autoverzekering
- European Spanish: seguro de automóvil
- Finnish: autovakuutus
- French: assurance automobile
- German: Kraftfahrzeugversicherung
- Greek: ασφάλιση αυτοκινήτου
- Italian: assicurazione automobilistica
- Japanese: 自動車保険
- Korean: 자동차 보험
- Norwegian: bilforsikring
- Polish: ubezpieczenie samochodu
- European Portuguese: seguro automóvel
- Romanian: asigurare auto
- Russian: страхование автомобиля
- Spanish: seguro de vehículos
- Swedish: bilförsäkring
- Thai: การประกันรถ
- Turkish: araba sigortası
- Ukrainian: автострахування
- Vietnamese: bảo hiểm xe ô tô
Definition of car insurance from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.