Definition of 'car insurance'
Trends of 'car insurance'
Used Rarely. car insurance is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'car insurance'
British English: car insurance /kɑː ɪnˈʃʊərəns/ NOUN
Car insurance is an arrangement in which you pay money to a company, and they pay money to you if you have an accident in your car or if your car is stolen.
- American English: car insurance
- Arabic: تَأْمِيـنُ السَّيَّارة
- Brazilian Portuguese: seguro de carro
- Chinese: 车保险
- Croatian: automobilsko osiguranje
- Czech: pojištění vozidla
- Danish: bilforsikring
- Dutch: autoverzekering
- European Spanish: seguro de automóvil
- Finnish: autovakuutus
- French: assurance automobile
- German: Kraftfahrzeugversicherung
- Greek: ασφάλιση αυτοκινήτου
- Italian: assicurazione automobilistica
- Japanese: 自動車保険
- Korean: 자동차 보험
- Norwegian: bilforsikring
- Polish: ubezpieczenie samochodu
- European Portuguese: seguro automóvel
- Romanian: asigurare auto
- Russian: страхование автомобиля
- Spanish: seguro de vehículos
- Swedish: bilförsäkring
- Thai: การประกันรถ
- Turkish: araba sigortası
- Ukrainian: автострахування
- Vietnamese: bảo hiểm xe ô tô
Definition of car insurance from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.